Monday, October 8, 2007

The War on Terror


This is quite an interresting topic. I get very emotional at times when discussing our current situation. I've recently become a pacifist and in the past was fairly opposed to war for the most part. Growing up I thought that all Chrsitians were supposed to be republican and support the government 110%. I never really bought into this line of thinking, and was often confused as I grew up in a republican family. I was very bewildered througout high school and college as I became involved in the 'punk rock' community. (I use the term punk rock loosely, not just referring to the punk genre), and as I started studying philosophy and thinking for myself. This summer my friend Matt and I were trying to really figure out what it means to live like Jesus. and we have thought about a lot of the stuff he said; such as: love your enemies and turn the other cheek and all that good stuff.

Anyway, I think that is enough background for where I am going with this.

My dad sent me a video recently with some bulls protecting their young from some ferocious lions. I think somebody forwarded it to him. and he forwarded it to a bunch of people. Somehow the video sparked my interest and made me think of how America thinks it always has to protect itself from 'the lion' or the bad guy or whatever. This started a huge discussion between me and my dad's friend (and also my friend) Brent about military and submitting to the government and all sorts of crazy nonsense. I got permission from everyone who has been invoved in this dialogue to post them in this blog, so I'm going to do so. Each Email will be a post in the sequence they were written. Feel free to comment.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

nobody likes iraq anymore they are fags

Anonymous said...

nobody likes iraq anymore they are fags

Anonymous said...

yeah i agree with that kid, he is a man USMC!

Anonymous said...

anonymous is cool. ima make my name that fo sho

Anonymous said...

Iraq? psh, they were cool once. Gay now. Stupid airline security..

Anonymous said...

We invaded iraq it isn't their fault. the whole middle east is full of religious zealots your going to have finatics every where
the only reason osama attacked us is that the bush family and Osama bin Ladins familys hate each other
this whole war is based on a family fued osama attacked us because he hated the bush family for getting the presedency so blewup some buildings. I also wonder if bush is such a good little christian boy (because we all know hes religious by a good factor) then why did he invade two countries when he barely only had to invade 1 i think its an excuse to be over there and secure economic interests because well bush is a big oil industry guy and well the people over there know why where overthere so they set oil refineries ablaze to piss us off somehow. So bottom line this wars pointless and full of greed as they all are nowadays. If anyone wants to comment this contact me on Xbox live via gamertag TK mann tell me why your contacting me so i don't iqunore you.

Anonymous said...

The war in Iraq and the War on terror are two completely different things. They just happened at the same time and so fused together in the public thinking as one in the same. The war on terror is against Afganistan because they bombed the US. The war in iraq is the United States coming to play the superhero again and rebuild the Iraqi government because sadaam was an evil dictator. Iraq...Terror...get the wars straight.

Stephanie said...

I think that Bush should take us out. He thinks that he is helping and he isn't. I lost one of my aunts and friends in the Twin Towers. My Cousin is over there, and my brother is going over. I think that it is doing more harm then good sending more people over there. Since the war started we have lost more people then we did with the twin towers. I think bush needs to get out of office fast. and someone needs to take us out. OBVIOUSLY they don't want us there!!!
-Stephanie

Anonymous said...

BIN LADEN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR 911. 911 WAS STAGED BY OUR OWN GOVERNEMT. TO FRIGHTEN THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TO GO INTO AN ENDLESS WAR ON TERROR; A BIG HOAX ON WHICH THERES NO REAL ENEMY. WE ARE GOING TO INVADE VANEZUELA NEXT.
WATCH THE ARRON RUSSO INTERVIEW ON YOUTUBE ABOUT WHAT ROCKEFFELER CONFESSED.