Tuesday, October 9, 2007

War on Terror Dialogue (2)

Crazy video. It's America's duty to protect our country from the lion. In this case Iraq is the lion, and guess you could consider Iran the lion as well now. After World War II the lion was the Soviet Union. Apparently that gives us the right to go over and kill people; I mean after all we are a "Christian" nation, and we have to protect ourselves from the lion. We assume that all lions are out to get us and may have WMDs ready to be used against us.

I've been concerned lately about our current situation as we may be entering a war with Iran. As Christians (and I don't consider myself a Christian, but a follower of Jesus), we need to ask ourselves "What would Jesus do?" Jesus was the Prince of Peace. I think that many people take the Bible and twist it in their own way to make it fit their own worldview. I take Jesus' words very literally when He says to love our enemies and to turn the other cheek. After all, He was the Son of God.

Love,
Raleigh

No comments: